The practice will not tolerate violent or abusive behaviour .
Anyone verbally abusing either a member of staff or the public, or using inappropriate language, will be asked to leave the premises and requested to find another GP.
Anyone who is violent or causes damage will be removed from the list immediately.
Patients will also be removed from the list in the following circumstances:
- Violence and aggression towards staff or members of the public.
- Damage to practice property or equipment.
- Change of residence to outside of the practice area.
- Persistent misuse of the system.
- Patients who the doctors are unable to manage clinically e.g. breach of contract with doctor regarding use of prescribed medicine, break down in patient communication.
In situations where patients are disruptive and display aggressive and/or intimidating behaviour and refuse to leave the premises, staff are instructed to dial 999 for Police assistance, and charges may then be brought against these individuals.